Lamb chops or cutlets are the most expensive cuts of lamb. But are incredibly delicious and tender. They are taken from the ribs of the lamb and cooked individually, normally over a grill or a barbecue.
Written by one of our Most talented Facebook group members – Dean Schumann.
Here’s a crazy recipe of lamb cutlets with potato and carrot fritters.
Ingredients – Lamb:
- Lamb cutlets
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp of dried mint
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and cover cutlets with the mixture and put in the fridge until needed.
- Using a full chimney of heartbeats, fill a kettle kone with fully lit charcoal, leave all vents open on Weber and put the lid on to allow Weber to get to temp.
- After 10 minutes, arrange cutlets on the outer of cooking grate to get an even cook.
- Cook for roughly 40—45 minutes
Ingredients – Potato Fritters:
- 8 x potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp of plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and squeeze out excess liquid with your hands.
- Add two whisked eggs and the plain flour and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on a medium to high heat in a pan with oil for around 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
I use egg rings to keep a nice shape.
Ingredients – Carrot Fritters:
- 6 x carrots
- 4 tbsp of plain flour
- 4 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 6 spring onions thinly sliced
- 4 x eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Grate carrots and squeeze out excess liquid with your hands.
- Combine flour, cumin, garlic, chopped parsley and onions in a bowl, whisk the eggs and add them, then mix through the carrots and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat in a pan with oil for around 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Ingredients – Extra:
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Extra spring onions
- Oil for cooking fritters.
Plate up fritters, putting a carrot one on top of a potato one. Top with a small dollop of tzatziki sauce, some finely chopped spring onions, then arrange cutlets and add some lime wedges to squeeze over fritters.
Also, check Dean Schumann Youtube channel
Please share with us your results in our Facebook group “The art of Smoke and Grill”, we would love to help you if you have any questions share recipes and experiences with you.
To see more of Dean you can read his Meat the smoker right here.
Thanks for reading!
If you have a WINNER recipe that everyone likes and keep talking about – please share it with us and we will publish it with credit under your name so everyone can enjoy it! Click here to send