Recipe by Pitmaster Ron Dimpflmaier
Captain Ron shares with us his awesome recipe for a steak Pizzaiola!
- New York Strip Steaks
- Wassi’s Classic Steak Seasoning
- 5 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (28oz can) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Handfuls fresh spinach(approx) Do you feel like Popeye?
- 1/4 cup (approx) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat Egg to 275°F for indirect cooking
- Season steaks generously on both sides, place on Egg
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add onions, peppers, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook until the veggies are tender
- Add tomatoes and spinach, cook, stirring until sauce begins to thicken 3-5 minutes and stir in the grated cheese
- Sear steaks over a direct hot flame.
- Serve steaks smothered in Pizzaiola sauce